Friday, May 30, 2008

What Happens at a Premier

Last night, I attended the Kung Fu Panda premier for DreamWorks employees. The night started out with the screening of the animation at the Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. You could feel the tight security from the entrance to the inside of the theater where they stood around the entire seating area until the film started. There were complimentary popcorn and drinks, which was great because it was close to my dinner time and I was beginning to get hungry. Before the film, there's usually a little introduction by Jeffrey Katzenberg, but this time he was at the Lakers' game. I did see him later at the entrance of the party though. Some lady actually asked him if he works for the hotel. I think she was trying to get into the party or something. I should have jumped in and said something clever like, "Don't you know who this is? This is Jeffrey Katzenberg. Looks like you won't be partying here after all." Unfortunately, I didn't. I thought that the DreamWorks employees around me would have, but people kinda just smiled and walked away. Now all I can do is wonder what might have happened....a friendly "thank you" from a another famous person.

After the film, everyone walked across the street down to the next block to the party at the Roosevelt Hotel. We were blocking the streets because there were just too many of us to actually fit the sidewalks and the crosswalk. If someone were to yell out something like, "Power to the Peaceful" it could have been an instant peace rally. The party overall was good. There were enough food and drinks to keep everyone entertained. There was a dance floor, but not that many people were dancing. Maybe they just weren't drunk enough, yet. I wonder if the hotel or DreamWorks get some special deal with Voss water because it seems to always be their water choice. I don't know what is all the fuss with this water other than how it's in a glass bottle. One thing that I really like about this party is that they also provide parking tickets and free taxi ride home if you need it.


Mya back in the days @ Tanglewood
She's so cute. She fits perfectly between the distance from the wall to my bed. I have no idea why she loves this spot. Maybe it's the tile and carpet combination.

No comments: