Sunday, May 25, 2008

Runyon Canyon Park

Yeah, I went on a short (1 hour) hike today, but I took a lot of stops to take pictures and enjoy the view. From the top, you can see the skyline of LA, Hollywood sign and the Griffith observatory. It's great for beginners and experts to walk, run and bike (if you dare to). I must warn you that the entrance from fuller ave. kinda smells like dog shit because it is dogs friendly. Don't worry if you didn't bring your own water because they do offer that and snacks at the entrance through the honor system. Isn't that great? Parking can be hard for some people if you can't parallel park well, so good luck to you if you need it. Some people will let their dogs run loose, so if you're afraid of that, then it's probably not a good place for you.

I'm glad that it didn't rain today. It was such a good day to be outside and enjoy the city. Last week, I was thinking about going to Joshua Tree National Park for the three day weekend. Because of the recent rain forecast, that idea kinda just went down the drain. Booo... I want to take more mini road trips just because it's fun to explore and why not do it while I still can, right?

Sometimes, I miss those college days when I didn't have as much responsibilities as now, so I can just take off somewhere with friends. Those nights or should I say early mornings, driving on the freeway with our windows down and screaming lyric of songs we love. Hanging out in Castro on Halloween night then driving to Berkeley for food and seeing our chefs dressed in nude as their costume. That was freaking awesome.


Runyon Canyon Park, CA (see)

No comments: