Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Kooks and the Flies

The Kooks last night at The Wiltern were awesome. They brought along great energy and music. I was up on the balcony and there were times when I thought, "Man, everyone is dancing so hard, we're going to break this place apart." I could actually feel the floor bouncing up and down. It was crazy. The lights were fantastic as well. If I could have a side job, I would love to work backstage. I'm sure that it's a lot of hard work, but I've always wanted to learn how to manage the lights and sounds. The only downer was that they don't sell any food other than hot dogs and drinks, so I was starving. The wait was worth it though because of the tofu house nearby. I just love Korean food.

So at the tofu house, the people sitting next to me were Germans, I think. Anyways, the moment they got a hold of the waitress, they just kept asking what everything on the menu was. It must have been very annoying for her, but it was good to see people trying out new food. I think that you should try everything that you don't like to eat at least twice or three times to be sure that it's not for you. I used to hate the taste of tuna sashimi until I tried it in Japan. That was some awakening.

It looks the kitchen at my work has turned into a fly cemetery when I got there this morning. I just don't know where they come from. It'll be fly-free for months then one day, it would feel like an entire clan just hatched in there. One of my co-worker, who works right next to the kitchen, would get so annoyed by them. He would then go into a fly swattering mode which ends in all these dead flies, laying upside down with their little legs in the air, all over the floor. I should take some pictures actually, but I left my camera at home today, so I'll just leave that to your imagination. I'm not sure if anyone else cleans them up, but I hate dead things underneath my shoes. I don't mind though. I'm doing the easier part.


The Kooks @ The Wiltern, CA (see)

No comments: