Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Reading Online Blogs

I visit about 5-10 blogs daily. The content range from world news, design, fashion, music, art to random strangers who just talk about everything. Every once in a while, I'll run into blogs of old friends, or friends' friends, and when the contents are interesting, I'd bookmark them for later visits. The weird part is what do you do when you actually run into them in person? Do you confess that you know them more than they think you know, or do you pretend while trying to separate what you know from the real person vs. the blog? When you really agree with a blogger, do you leave comments and introduce yourself, or do you stay as the secret ghost reader?

I have left a few comments here and there and I wonder what those bloggers think of me. Why do some write back, while others don't. This is just the nature of "Commenting." It's not like an email or something that should requires a formal message back. Many times after commenting, I thought that I shouldn't have said anything. I never want to give them the wrong impression that I want anything more than just to leave a comment or give a friendly, "Hello." Or do you not believe in that? The purpose of your blog would play a big role in how you interact with your reader. This blog for example, is here as a place for me to share with you whatever random thoughts I may have. So I welcome comments because I would hope that something here would influence you to think about something new or remind you of your past experience.

Alright, I almost forgot to say the one thing that I wanted to share when I started this entry. I read certain blogs like they're stories from a book. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way.



Peruvian Ceviche (see)
Have you tried it? It's yummy if you like raw seafood.

1 comment:

almost said...

I think blogs let you know what's going on in other people's heads or find out information from a source that usually isn't censored. It makes you feel more connected to the world and to someone else and you don't have to know them. I think having conversations on blogs is kinda weird. I hate it when people do that in "comments" on facebook etc. What do you think? :)