Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving with Me

Today started out with a wake up call from Lihwa, who got to my place earlier than expected b/c no one else was on the freeway. We ate breakfast from Porto's then headed to Echo park to volunteer at the Echo at an event called, Gobble Gobble Give by 9:40 A.M. We both wanted to work as part of the food conveyor belt and the clean up crew, but more people showed up earlier than expected, so we were asked to wait outside : ( Instead, I appointed myself to be part of the documentation/pr crew and started taking these pictures, since I always have my camera with me anyways. It turns out that it was a good thing that it was too busy inside b/c it felt nicer to work outside in the fresh air and to also see and give things to people.











Anyways, after taking a few photos, I noticed that there were other things that you could help out with that were non food related. There were clothes and toiletry that needed to be sorted and bagged for drivers to take with the food to be delivered to people. I realized that we were low on plastic bags and got my self to two groceries stores nearby to ask for bags donations, which turned out to be a success.

Got back to the Echo and started helping out with the clothes area until we actually ran out of clothes. There were some clothes that were wet, which I'm not sure how that happened, but some people took them anyways. Saw a few celebrities there who actually volunteered, but I won't say who b/c Lihwa thought that one of them was someone who's homeless.

So more volunteering and cleaning time past then we left and headed to the House of Pie for some food. There was a long line there of course, but luckily it was the to-go line. We ate and caught Twilight afterward at the theater across the street from there.

It was my second time seeing the movie and my opinion of it is completely different now than before. I must share that I don't usually watch the same movie twice at a theater, but I feel like my first viewing experience was such an unexpected let down. I concentrated too much on every little thing that wasn't the same as the book, so that distracted me from really enjoying it as a movie alone. Also with the audience being mainly young girls, I felt like their loud emotions may have muted my own movie experience. I hope that makes sense.

Then this time, I completely enjoyed the movie. This theater was much smaller and everyone was very quiet. I didn't really have to worry or be anxious about anything anymore b/c I have already seen what would happen. So yes, I do like the movie and hope that it will only get better from now.

Next destination: Monterey Park for dinner then home.

No comments: