Friday, November 14, 2008

Observing L.A. Drivers

On my way to work this morning, I noticed this woman in the car next to me. She was drinking something hot in a to-go cup, while tailgating. I could see her frustration, but doesn't mean that it was right for her to cut me off so she could pass who ever that was in front of her. A few seconds later, we all stopped at a red light and I wondered if she still thinks that it was worth it to do what she did. I'll see something like this everyday here in L.A. and I guess anywhere else where there are slow drivers vs. fast drivers, too.

I'll admit that sometimes, I am one of those slow drivers on the freeway. Well, if you count the time when I wanted to stay below 65 mph so I could save on gas. But then there are other days when I'm feeling like everyone is moving like a turtle and instead I was the fast driver.

I especially hate it when I have to change lane, but I'll be stuck in between two slow cars where one is in front of me and the other one is right next to me. Can't people tell when someone is in their blind spots? I also dislike when people change more than one lane at a time without pausing to check their blind spots each time. I mean, if the freeway is completely clear then go ahead, but don't do it when you see a bunch of cars behind you. You're just asking for an accident. Sometimes, I wish that I have an old beat-up truck so I can just let people run into me.

No comments: