Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yummy Innards

Chicken special heart, liver, gizzard, skin, tail, and small intestines might be things that make you turn your face when they're offered as food, but you don't know what you're missing until you try them Yakitori style. Eating liver, skin and heart has always been in my mom's side of the family whether they'll be in our soup or some stir-fried dishes. Growing up, I didn't like the taste of liver and heart as much as my sister and my mom, so my choice was always the skin. Chicken tail was actually one of my favorite for a very long time until I was around 6 years old when my grandmother told me what it was. I haven't eaten anymore of that since then and I can't imagine how I could have liked the taste of that lump of fat all by itself back then.


Yakitori Chicken Meatballs @ Kokekokko

No comments: