Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My First Five Point Four

About 60 miles away from the epicenter close to noon, I experienced a good long earthquake, finally. It was big enough to feel like I was sitting in a slow moving train, but hopefully small enough to not have caused any severe damage to anyone anywhere. I was at my desk at work at the time and asked my co-worker if we should go underneath our desks. It didn't feel extremely big and dangerous, so we kept talking, while trying to see how long it would be. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea because you just never know when an earthquake will get bigger. I found out later that half of the company, who were closer to the back door, were actually all outside as soon as they knew that it was an earthquake.

One co-worker said that he was in Peru last year during the 3 minutes earthquake, while another experienced the big one in Guatemala back in the '70s.

For more info on this earthquake, visit USGS

No comments: