Sunday, June 29, 2008

I Won the Wicked Lottery!

Lok and I went to see Wicked today at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood. The performance was awesome! I have been wanting to see it for a while now and was going to buy tickets through an online discount site until I found out about the Wicked Lottery.

So if you haven't heard about it, basically before any show, you can go there 2 1/2 hrs. before the show to enter your name in the Wicked Lottery. Then wait for 30 minutes for them to call out the names of the lucky winners. There will be 26 seats available, and each lucky person can buy up to two tickets with cash only for $25/ticket. I thought that this meant that they would pick 26 people, so remember that it's 26 SEATS not people and all of them would be for the front row A seats. I some how thought that it was going to be for the center front area only, but no.

My strategy was to go for the earlier show on Sunday thinking that maybe most people would prefer to sleep in or something. Well, it didn't work and my name wasn't called. After I got home to tell Lok, he suggested that we should give it another try for the night show and this time he would come along to increase our chances. Well, they ended up calling Lok's name and we were so excited. It feels great to win plus I have never sat in Row A for a musical before. (Wicked seating chart)

So here are the pros/cons of winning the Wicked lottery and sitting in the front seat depending on your preferences:
- cheaper tickets
- can't pick your seats
- really close to all the performers & music
- can see some of the back stage crew members and the sides of the stage
- during group performances, when performers move too close to the front of the stage, they'll block the view of the back of the stage


Pantages Theater, Hollywood
View from after the show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You wanna be pop-ua-lar