Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hooked

Two of my co-workers were talking about books that they're reading and the name Stephenie Meyer came up. I felt like an idiot not knowing who they were talking about when I have been seeing the poster of Breaking Dawn (her recent book) in front of about every bookstores for the past couple of months now. I always thought that the cover art was interesting and that was how I figured out that they are related some how. As soon as one of my co-worker mentioned Vampires, I knew that it would be a book that I should check out.

So I got myself to lapl.org and within all the zeros in the Copies in Library column, I spotted one number one. Lucky for me, it was at the branch that is the closest to my work. I quickly drove there during lunch and when I thought that it was already taken, I found a copy of Twilight. The info. guy said that I was really lucky because any of Stephenie Meyer's books were hardly available. I just smile not knowing how I would spend my Friday night. As soon as I started reading it, I was hooked. It is just so romantic and who doesn't like to read about vampires?

It's Sunday now and I'm craving the next book, New Moon. I may have to just go out to buy it because I don't think that I can wait any longer to get it from a library. They're all unavailable, plus it's Sunday so most libraries are closed. I just want to know what will happen next. This is exactly how I was after reading one of the Harry Potter book...but it's worse because I know that there are more that I can read and don't have to actually wait for them to be published. What to do...what to do?


Have you heard about the movie?
See twilightthemovie.com

1 comment:

almost said...

The trailer looks good - but not too original. I hope it is though! It's the Harry Potter replacement until it comes :-)